Featured Post

Introduction

What if I tried to listen to all my music-in order? Every song, on every album, by every artist (alphabetically)- in chronological order. ...

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Acid Horse

Good band name!

This band is a one-off. Literally. They seem to have just created this one song. It's the only one I ever heard, at least, and as far as I can tell the only thing they ever released, as a single in 1989. I heard it on that Wax Trax records box set. There's something kinda cool about a band, a project really, only releasing one song ever. The song is good, sure, but does it justify the existence of the band? Considering the inclusion of both Industrial music heavyweights Al Jourgenson and Chris Connelly it's easy to see how it would be difficult to live up to expectations.

I like how Wikipedia refers to the track's "serious, yet slightly comical tone - a trademark of many Ministry side projects" and compares them to another Ministry side project, PTP. AllMusic reveals more: that the single had two completely different versions of the song; one is in the style of Ministry and the other more like Cabaret Voltaire, which also shares members with this band.

So here's the version I heard, which sounds like a tamer Ministry:


And here's the  b-side remix, which as the YouTube image suggests might also be available on anther Wax Trax collection :



Now you've heard the band's entire discography chronologically too!

To see how they fit into the whole Wax Trax family tree, including previous blog selection 1000 Homo DJs, here's a hand drawn diagram that I made when I purchased the box set from a little record store in downtown Lake Charles,LA in 1994. (Although, based on what I've learned, Acid Horse is missing a link to Ministry.)



No comments:

Post a Comment