Featured Post

Introduction

What if I tried to listen to all my music-in order? Every song, on every album, by every artist (alphabetically)- in chronological order. ...

Monday, December 26, 2016

112

I don't usually listen to much contemporary R&B, so it was difficult to get through the eight or so albums by these guys. I was not impressed. OK, decent harmonizing, but the lyrics reminded me of a high school boy trying to write a valentine - extremely unoriginal. They are from Atlanta. "Peaches and Cream" was a mild hit that is mildly tolerable. However, they did win a Grammy because they are the voices on that song that Puffy did when Biggie died. So they were all over the place in 1997, which is how they ended up in my library. Eventually they split up for solo projects, but occasionally they got back together. They look like this:


So there's that.



No comments:

Post a Comment